Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Upcoming holidays

Valentine's Day is approaching which means time to start planning out some sweets for my sweetie.

I'm thinking a Valentine's Cake for the special day so I can practice my cake design. And perhaps homemade chocolates/truffles/candy for my sexy partner in crime?

We'll see and I'll post the sickeningly sweet photos after the fact.


Also although it's not for awhile ,St.Patrick's Day! I found a great recipe for chocolate cake with a Irish spin... Guinness Beer Chocolate Cake. Can't wait to make that! Even though I hate beer I'm sure it will add a special flavour to the cake.

Which reminds me of a chocolate cake tip...

TIP: When making a chocolate cake that calls for water use brewed coffee instead. The coffee will bring out the chocolate flavour and not really taste like coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment